Giving accomplishes three significant purposes.
Our desire is for all who worship at Wellington to grow, not just in the knowledge of His word, but also grow in all areas which includes becoming biblical givers.
Giving Honors God
When you give to God, you are honoring God. And God is worthy and deserving of our honor! Not only does your giving honor the Lord, it is a reminder that everything comes from him. Not just your finances, but your family and even you.
“Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce...” Proverbs 3:9
Giving Blesses Others
Your giving meets needs, and is God’s plan A for supporting the local church. The ongoing ministry at Wellington, both inside the walls of a building, in our community, and around the world, is dependent on the generous support of God’s people to continue ministering and meeting those needs.
2 Corinthians 9:12 “For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God.”
Giving is Rewarded
Giving with a cheerful heart and right motivation out of gratitude, results in blessings, with emphasis on eternal perspectives but there are often earthly blessings as well.
“Bring the full tithe... put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.” Malachi 3:10
How to Give:
Decide to Give
• Decide you will give something. Every gift given honors God and truly makes a difference. Everyone should give something. Don’t miss out! Decide to get started!
• Give God your first and best... with expectation. Giving is an act of worship. God deserves our first and best rather than our last and leftovers. Know that God will take what you give Him and use it powerfully in the lives of people.
Decide an Amount
• Pray for God’s direction. Trust God with any fears about giving.
He will guide you to give both generously and responsibly, and only according to your ability.
• Give a percentage of your income. God owns everything and has given us everything we have. Throughout the Bible, people were asked to give a percentage of all He gave them. Give according to what you’ve been given.
• Commit to an amount. Select an amount that is generous, yet responsible, with your current circumstances in mind. Learn to depend upon the Lord as you grow in this area.
Set it up Online
We encourage you to give as part of our weekly gathering, but we also understand that many of you serve in ministries on Sundays, or may be out of town. So, we have set up online giving as a means for you to remain faithful in your giving when you are not able to give in person. You can click here to get started.
Once you have prayed and arrived at an amount, take time to thank God and worship him for using you in His work. Celebrate with your church how God is using us in our city and the world to advance His kingdom by making disciples of Jesus Christ. And know that being one of our Generous Givers is very appreciated by those who work so hard in ministry at Wellington. We appreciate you!