Wellington Church Family,
As we have continued to monitor the COVID-19 situation, we wanted to update you with the most recent measures that we as a church are taking in order to responsibly follow the guidelines set in place by the national, state, and local government officials.
- We will not gather together in person as a congregation for the next three Sundays (March 22, March 29 and April 5). However, we will continue our livestream service and encourage you to join with us online each Sunday at 10:30 a.m. You can access the livestream at our website: http://wellingtonchurch.org and the Facebook live service: https://www.facebook.com/wellingtonchurchlex/. If anything changes regarding this plan we will communicate with you through email, Facebook, and the church website.
- Awana will no longer meet for this year and though the Awana Grand Prix will have to be postponed, we plan to use this event in the fall to start the 2020-2021 Awana year.
- Youth group will not meet until further notice. Other church small group studies may continue to meet at the leader’s discretion and in keeping with the guidelines given by the national and state governments.
- We want to encourage you to keep in touch with those within the body who are in your immediate sphere of relationship in loving support of them. If you have needs during these weeks please do not hesitate to reach out to us at the church office.
- During the coming weeks when we are not gathering in person for worship, we want to remind and encourage you to remain faithful in the giving of your first fruits. You can send a check by mail (P.O. Box 910606, Lexington, KY 40591) or use online giving.
- How to use online giving: Go to www.wellingtonchurch.org and click the “Give” tab located at the top of the page. Then follow the link under Give Online called “simply click here.” You will be rerouted to our online giving page. If you have never used this feature you can register for an account by using your email address and creating your own password. It is simple, safe, and secure. If you have any issues please call (859-219-3100) or email the church office at for assistance.
We ask that you join us in prayer for our government leaders, medical professionals, and most of all for the spread of the gospel during this time. The uniqueness of this experience provides all of us with a great opportunity to ponder once again upon the sovereignty of Almighty God (Daniel 4:34–35) and the hope we share in the gospel (1 Peter 1:3–9).