Children’s Ministry this fall at Wellington
The hustle and bustle of “back to school” seems to fill the air. Be prepared is the cry! Stock the supplies and fill the backpacks, set the alarms as summer comes to a close. However, amidst the calamity a fresh start draws near. A growing-up has occurred. Our children have taken another step to begin anew facing new grades and unknown adventures. What a great time to also renew our commitment of training up our children in the ways of the Lord. Our goal, as a church body, is to help our children become true disciples of Jesus Christ by building relationships with them, being examples for them and teaching them God’s Word. It is our hope that you will take advantage of these opportunities we are providing to support your family and the discipleship of your children.
Sunday Mornings (This Sunday is promotion Sunday at Wellington)
- If you have a student entering grades 9th – 12th he/she will attend a high school class taught by Billy and Monica Noble with the support of Tyler and Cassidy Daugherty (meets in room 116 at 9:30 a.m.) using the Disciples Journey curriculum along with a Jonah series by J.D. Greear.
- If you have a child who is entering grades 6th -8th he/she will attend a middle school class taught by JB Blanton and Tim Stec (located upstairs at 9:30 a.m.) using the gospel project curriculum.
- If you have a child entering grades K-5th he/she will attend our elementary class taught by Miss Tanya and her volunteers (located upstairs at 9:30 a.m.) using a variety of materials to help students understand the survey of the Bible and God’s plan for salvation. These students are also able to attend Jr. Church (located upstairs at 10:30 a.m.) where they worship in an age-appropriate environment with their peers through singing and the teaching of God’s word.
- If you have a child who has not yet begin kindergarten they will remain in their age appropriate class. Our preschool classes are designed for specific ages. We have a 1 year old room, a 2 year old room, a 3 year old room and a room for 4/5 year olds. These children will move to a new room around the time of their birthdays. Classes are available during both the 9:30 and 10:30 hours.
All children newborn through 5th grade are required to use our child check-in system located in the foyer called Kidmin. We want to take every step possible to keep our children safe. If you have questions about the system you can check with our wonderful volunteers each Sunday morning. Also of note is that all of our volunteers have had a background check!
Current volunteer needs include:
- Nursery at 9:30 and 10:30 (6 week rotation)
- 2 year olds at 9:30 and 10:30 (6 week rotation)
- 3 year olds at 9:30 and 10:30 (6 week rotation)
- 2nd/3rd grade at 10:30 (8 week rotation)
AWANA (Wednesdays 6:00 – 7:15 p.m.)
Awana Clubs is a children's program that meets weekly to teach kids about trusting Christ for salvation and growing in enduring faith and service to God. Each week parents, volunteers and mentors lead and guide our children in the study of God's word through stories, games, and scripture memory. Wellington began AWANA clubs in February 2011.
Awana meets at Wellington on Wednesdays, 6:00 – 7:15 p.m. beginning September 12. We do ask that you go ahead and register your child to help us with planning and preparation so that we have plenty of volunteers to minister to all our kids. If your child is participating in Awana we also have lots of opportunities for you to serve. You are needed! Become a listener, guide, or recreation helper. We want each student to know that they are cared for and that God loves them. What better way to spend a Wednesday night than investing in the lives of our little ones. It’s easy to serve. Just let us know by signing up at the connect table or sending us an email.
Can’t wait to start Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed (2 Tim. 2:15)!
KIDS PRAISE CHOIR (Sundays 6:00 - 7:15 p.m. beginning September 9)
Every year our K-5th graders look forward to rehearsing, preparing and presenting the gospel through the singing about the Lord’s incarnation. They learn all about how the Lord has come to dwell among his people and our need for a Savior. Each Sunday night from 6:00 – 7:15 p.m. Miss Tanya leads rehearsals planning for the children’s presentation at our annual Christmas dinner (December 9, 2018). There are singing parts, speaking parts, choreography and more. It’s a fantastic time that culminates in the children proclaiming the good news of great joy that will be for all people.
Little Angels Choir (Sundays 6:00 – 7:15 p.m. beginning September 9)
This younger choir for children ages 3-5, led by Meghan G. also practices and readies their singing of the gospel at the annual Christmas Dinner (December 9, 2018). Each Sunday night leaders will work with the children to memorize and sing in preparation of the big event! Our hearts are always touched in a special way as these toddlers sing and shout His story.
We do hope you will take advantage of one or more of these opportunities this fall. Our children’s ministry is about coming alongside parents in discipling our young people, but at the same time it is the parents who help our children’s ministry to thrive. Without the faithful parents who volunteer and invest in our children we would not be able to have these opportunities. The children are experiencing life in the body because of what you do and how you serve. Please prayerfully consider how you might serve this fall and communicate with us to find the best fit for the gifts the Lord has given you. A healthy church body is one where each member is doing their part. We are a community of families serving one another. Thank you for all you do! Let’s join together to make our children’s ministry thrive this fall!