Welcome! Our goal is to help our children become true disciples of Jesus Christ by: building relationships with them, Being examples for them and teaching them God’s Word.
We read in Psalm 127:3, “Children are a gift from the Lord” and as members of the body of Christ, we desire to play an essential role in making God’s love real to the children by coming alongside parents in nurturing their faith in a safe and exciting environment at Wellington.
We desire for you to be aware of the time and effort we put into your child’s safety:
- We keep our children’s areas very clean. Every week, before and after each Sunday, we have volunteers sanitize the furniture as well as every toy and piece of equipment in each of our children’s rooms. The health and cleanliness of these rooms at Wellington are an area we take very seriously.
- We have law enforcement officers who as members of our church are on a constant watch for your child’s safety by observing and monitoring every hallway and entry each Sunday.
- We do a thorough background check for each new volunteer who works with our children’s ministries.
- We use the KidMin app for secure child-check in! Watch some videos on how it works
The Children's Ministry at Wellington is committed to assisting parents in fulfilling the scriptural admonition to train their children in a way that honors the Lord (Ephesians 6:4; Deuteronomy 6:6-9).
At the heart of children's ministry is basic Bible teaching which is designed to clearly present to every child their need for the Savior, Jesus Christ (Romans 3:23; 5:8).
Promotion Sunday Guidelines
Promotion Sunday takes place in August.
Preschool (newborn - age 5)
Children in this age group DO NOT transition on promotion Sunday.
These children move to a new class on their birthday. We have classes for nursery, 1 year old, 2 year old, 3 year old, and 4/5 year olds. Children in this age group are required to use our KIDMIN child check-in system.
Contact: Jessica Blackerby
Elementary (K-5th grades)
Children in this age group will move up according to their grade level as of August 1.
- Incoming Kindergarten students will transition upstairs to the elementary classes (9:30a) and Jr. Church (10:30a). Children in this age group are required to use our KIDMIN child check-in system.
- Incoming 1st through 5th grade students will move up to the next appropriate class.
Contact: Tanya Holcomb
Student Ministries - Youth (Grades 6-12)
- Incoming 6th grade students (11yrs old as of Aug. 1) will go directly to the Middle School Sunday School room (202). The current teachers are Tim Stec and JB Blanton. When the Sunday School hour ends, the students will be self-released, meaning they do not need to be picked up by an adult. You should instruct your student on where you would like to re-unite with him/her (often the gym).
- Incoming 9th graders will go directly to the High School Sunday School room (116). The current teachers are Trey Meester and Billy Noble. When Sunday School ends, your students can meet you in your predesignated place (often the gym).
- Student Ministry Students attend the main worship service on Sunday mornings. Most students sit with their families, some sit with one another; but you should communicate with your student where you would like them to sit during the service.
If you have any questions or concerns about the promotion related to Student Ministry please contact Trey Meester.
Student Ministries - College and Career
We encourage you to attend one of the adult classes Sundays at 9:30a or Sunday evenings at 6, as well as a mid-week Bible study. Contact: Trey Meester.